Here is our front wall going up.
The view from inside.
Our rooms are getting framed!
I am standing on the loft, that's our cute little diamond window. If you are tall enough to look out the window, you can see all the way to the library.
Justin's turn!
I am sitting at the top of the stairs leading to the loft. This is probably the only time I'll ever see the sky looking up from the stairs.
You can see the house now with walls and they are framing the roof getting ready for the decking. The decking is the boards they put on top of the roof.
Here are the steps I was sitting on earlier, leading up to the loft. We like the "landing" area
before the bottom step.
before the bottom step.
This picture was taken of the bedroom in the loft (nice view out the window!) You can see Donnie working on the zip board. We learned that zip board is really strong board put on the side of the house meant to withstand 100 mile per hour winds. We are learning a lot during this process. It's really cool!
This is the east side view of our house. Those little slats on the roof are where Donnie was standing to put up the decking on the roof. Yikes! You can also see the dormer on this side of the house.
The west side of the house with no decking on the roof.
This is called a pony wall, an extra space for storage in our loft area. It will have a little baby door. It will also be a good hiding spot for kids.
Again, the west side of the house but with decking. It really looks like a house now!
The plan for next week: our roof, plumbing, and Justin will be pre-washing the windows that will go in our house. Soon our house will be completely enclosed!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!














6 comments:
Wow!! I love seeing this. I immediately called Vu over to look because he loves watching houses come together, too. THe loft part is sooo adorable, and I love the shape. It looks very chaming and like a pretty good size, too! Sometimes, although I love the older house we fixed up, I wish we could start with a brand new house like that. Everything clean, fresh and with laminate, paint, etc. of our choosing...
We'll have to drive by and see it in person next time we're in Siloam.
AWESOME!!! I know you guys are so pumped! The framing came together so quickly! I want to come and stand there and try to see the library through the diamond window and I just want to hold my hands up in the air like you and Justin, too. :) Love the house. Have you decided on all your paint colors, etc? What fun!!
Cool! I love the picture of you sitting on the stairs to the sky. I can tell it's all going to look great! I can't wait to see what colors you choose for everything.
oh my gosh. cuteness! i love it. i can't wait to see if finished. as i'm sure you feel the same way :)
YAY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SONJA AND JUSTIN!
I love the hush puppies there! And the coleslaw. And the relish. And okay, I'll stop now. Have fun tonight!!! Love ya! <3
Post a Comment