In front of our lot

The first dig
I know it just looks like a bunch of dirt, but that's where our house is going to be.

Walls!

I'm sure they're whistling while they worked.

The concrete basement walls
Justin is very handy and decided to make a model of what our house will look like once finished. Here it is:
Well, that's the much anticipated picture update of our house coming along. Things are going pretty well right now. School has been keeping busy but my class is doing fine. They can get a little chaotic at times but really sweet kids.
Last weekend Justin and I took a mini-getaway to Branson. Much needed. We stayed in a cute little hotel called The Savannah House and I think we were the only ones there under 65 but it was so much fun. We played 3 rounds of mini-golf, went shopping, and ate out at some fun places. If anyone ever wants to know what the best mini-golf course in Branson is, Justin and I would agree it's Pirate's Cove. If you haven't been to the Branson Landing, I was really impressed. Of course, I hadn't been to Branson in many a moon.
Have a great weekend!


6 comments:
Darn it! I wrote a HUGE comment and it disappeared when I went to send it.
Let's see...I love your lot AND your basement walls! :) I knew he'd be quick, but GEEZ he was QUICK! Is that Don on the far left (in the whistling pic) and Donnie on the far right? I love Justin's model of the house. I can't wait to come over to the new Smith casa for that flaming queso! Yeah baby!
Your getaway to Branson sounds like so much fun! I want to go to Branson sometime before the end of the year, this is always such a nice time to go.
YAY thats sooo exciting. how awesome to be able to have a picture of what the land looked like before your house was on it :) you should take a picture similar to the first once it's finished- standing in the same place. if you were a scrap-booker, that would be a good thing to scrapbook.
yay!
Yippee! I agree with Carrie, it's so cool that you have a picture of your land with nothing on it. It's like you staked out your territory on newly discovered land (like in Far and Away--is that the movie? I used to love that movie). I can picture Justin riding a horse and fending off other men so that he can stick his rightful stake in the ground. I love the house Justin made; that was my favorite part of this post! But where are the little Sonja and Justin that live in it?
We're going to Branson this weekend. Owen loves Silver Dollar City, and we're going with Adam's parents so they said we can do our own thing sometimes while they watch the kids (yay for great in-laws). So maybe we'll try that mini-golfing place one evening.
I really enjoyed the progress pics! Looking forwards to seeing the next ones.
That is super exciting about your house!! I'm so glad you posted pics of breaking ground and stuff...I can't wait to see the finished product. By Justin's model, it looks amazing :-).
P.s, annoyed parents are annoyed parents. I feel like it would be just as frusterating arguing with a parent about why a kid didn't perform well and needed a C as arguing with a parents about why they are sick and need medicine. I think we need to rid the world of stupid parents all together.
This is so exciting. I love that your first house together will be one that you watched being made from the ground up. I can tell from the model (so cool) that it's going to be adorable, with the unique signature of a very unique couple on it!
I love that you and Justin had a weekend away together. I think that's an awesome, awesome thing for marrieds to do. When Vu and I stayed in the B & B in Eureka we were also the only ones under sixty! But it was really fun anyway. I'm determined to try Pirates Cove mini golf next time I'm in Branson. You know, I love mini-golf just a little bit. I liked Branson's landing, too. I actually found a really cute dress in a boutique there and Vu got it for me as an anniversary gift.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!
LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment