This morning I was listening to the radio on my way to school. I don't particularly like listening to the radio but it's all I have because my c.d. player is broken and my really old version of an ipod decided to die. The song "Always" came on by the ever so classic Bon Jovi. It reminded me of driving around in the car with Carrie, Jenny, and Amy while we made up really cheesy motions to the song. It brought a smile to my face.
So, I survived my first week of school. I have a really sweet class but for some reason 5 of the kids on my list never showed up so that makes it where I have a super small class compared to everyone else. I feel kinda guilty about it but I know I will be getting all the kids that move in. I am crazy tired, my body is not used to my new schedule particularly the part about getting up at 5:30 in the morning. I am not and have never been a morning person.
Thank you for all of the kind words on the last post. Justin was my rock during our time in California. He constantly encouraged me and listened to me cry to him at night. I know it was a learning experience and I know there was a bigger purpose for that job than I realize. Otherwise, we had a great time in California. It was an extreme growing time for Justin and my marriage, we had to learn to depend only on each other because we didn't have family close by. We learned how to find fun things to do that didn't cost much. I remember driving down Sepulveda with our windows down listening to The White Stripes, you can't beat that kind of scurry that you feel in the city. It's a really fun feeling.
Have a great weekend everyone!
1 year ago
5 comments:
Isn't it fun when songs remind you of the good ol' Siloam days? I can never hear "Red Red Wine" without thinking of you guys, Cornerstone, and listening to it while driving to MAY-comb to the diner. It always makes me smile :-).
I'm glad you have such a great class!! That's a great way to jump back into teaching. And maybe nobody will move all year long, so you can have a fantastically small class all year...and not feel the least bit guilty about it ;-).
You are fun to sing along to songs with in the car! :) I'm happy your first week back went well!!
My cell phone still has no reception here. Seriously, it's been since yesterday morning. We have to drive up the road a few miles to get any reception at all. I feel like the Amish, traveling in the buggy to a phonebooth to call people. I hope this gets fixed tomorrow.
Adam and I had fun seeing you guys the other night! I'm glad you're back in town.
I have so many great memories of driving around with you guys listening to music and singing. It's funny how sound can bring back memories so strongly!
I'm glad that you have a small class right now and nice students. I feel for you about the morning thing. I'm the opposite of a morning person.
I love that you and Justin found fun things to do that weren't too expensive. We've had plenty of times like that, too. It's the best feeling, having a great time with just a sketchbook and a picnic blanket, or pulling a really yummy dinner together just out of odds and ends in your pantry and freezer.
i love hearing those songs :) it always reminds me of your old cars (tom-tom, samson, herman?) and driving by random yet not so random houses. they always make me feel better.
i wouldn't feel guilty about having a good class - do you remember your first year? :)
Post a Comment